Sunday, 6 December 2009
Now bad week time....I spilt with my boyfriend the other day so I am not really looking forward to celebrating my birthday all alone so I am definately going to be doing alot of retail therapy tomorrow to take my mind off things! We were together for 3 years before splitting at the beginning of the year then we tried to work things out over the last few months but it hasnt worked....a man never changes girls! So now I need some post break up ideas to help me?? any advice please??
Friday, 27 November 2009
Monday, 23 November 2009
- MAC studio Tech foundation in NC35, love how easy this is to use and is perfect for putting in my bag for touch up during the day
- Threading - I got my eyebrows threaded and I love it, why have I not done this sooner? My eyebrows are so much more defined and not a hair in sight!
- MAC Penultimate eyeliner - this eyeliner is perfect for winging out your liner, it it like a thick black pen for your eyes so easy to draw on
- Birthdays - the 2 week countdown to my birthday is on! I love birthdays and top of my present list is Coco Madamesoille, Victor and Rolf Flowerbomb and a few palettes from Benefit that I have had my eye on!
- I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - still not won over by Jordan, why did she decide to go back on?? never a good career decision just look what happened when Jade Goody whent back on Big Brother its never gonna be a good idea! But I cant get enough of this programme haha!
- Red Lipstick - I have been trying to find a red shade to suit me but I just cant seem to make any red suit my olive complexion any help please???
- Sambuca - we have had a serious falling out after my hangover yesterday!
- Migraines - urrgg I suffer with bad migraines and had a horrible one last week all day in pain not good!
- ASOS - I have been a loyal customer to ASOS for years and years but last week I bought a sequin top for 60 quid (!) thinking it would be perfect for the xmas season to dress up jeans but when it arived the quality was horrible it looked like it cost a tenner from a market stall def not 60 quid! So i complained and the lovely people at ASOS have apologised and gived me my own discount code next time I order from them so hurray for a happy ending!
Monday, 9 November 2009
There are 4 colours to choose from, I got Elizabeth Street, a gorgeous creamy light pink colour, which I thought would work well as a base to my usual french manicure! I loved the other colours too and was torn between this and a lovely hot pink colour but as I cant wear bright colours for my job (or nail varnish in general really but I always seem to get away with a french manicure!) I decided that I would get the most use out of Elizabeth Street!
So go grab yourself a hot new nail polish for only 2 quid! Let me know what colours you all get!!
Sunday, 8 November 2009
I would of done a FOTD but I'm a hangover mess today :(
Wednesday, 4 November 2009
From left to right are:
- Maybelline Pulse perfection Mascara - this is amazing I cant believe how much it lengthens my lashes! After daily use for a good few months now this is still going strong this is definately my HG of mascaras!!
- This is a black eyeshadow with silver flecks in and is actually from H&M for about £2.99 and I love creating a smoky eye with this, I also have used it as a liner with a pale grey all over my lid then using a liner brush, line my upper and lower lash line, it creates a soft, sultry smoky eye that doesn't look too 'done'
- James Brown Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner - this is also my HG of shampoo and conditioner! I have the finest hair in the world and I love volume and lots of it when I go out! When I use this I can literally feel my hair becoming thicker when I lather it in it is amazing!
- Maybelline Colour Sensation Lipstick in Amber Rose - Since I got this it has never been off my lips!! This is the perfect colour for most skin tones it seems to brighten up my complexion as soon as I apply it!
- Barry M Dazzle Dust in 22 Black Gold - I love dazzle dusts! This one is also perfect for creating a smoky eye, it is blackest black with gold flecks in it and I tend to use it in the crease of my eye and along my lash line when I'm creating a strong bold smokey eye!
- Tresemee 24 hour Volume Hairspray - This holds my volume (when I eventually achieve it after lots of velco rollers!) and keeps the volume all night! I wish I could say the same for the other products in Treseme 24 hour volume line but I cant - I didnt rate the shampoo and conditioner very much - not much volume achieved!!
- Neutrogena Make Up Remover - Perfect for removing every last once of make up whilst being kind to your skin...perfect!!
If anyone else has there own top beauty bargins let me know so I can try them out hehe!!
Tuesday, 13 October 2009
So last week it started acting up and I decided to try a new defence to deal with it! A few months ago I tried Garnier Pure Active range but I was not impressed I didnt notice any difference in my skin at all, I didnt like the smell of it and overall it just didnt perform well!
So here is my top 3 skin heros that I have worshipped this past week and have noticed an overall lift in my skin :) spots that I felt were going to 'appear' in the morning have not shown, or not been as red or noticable as usual, overall my skin has felt clean and refresher and therefore clearer hurray!!
So firstly I picked up the Neutrogena Visible Clear 2 in 1 wash/mask, I have read good things on a few blogs about this which is why it caught my eye in Boots, I love the consistency of this, it is clay based so can be used as a 5 minute mask once a week, which I did a few nights ago, and every morning and night have been using it as a face wash. My skin feels so clean after using this I love it!
Secondly any spots that I had or could feel surfacing I put a little bit of this cream on the area, it is oxy 10 spot treatment, and I think that this really does work, You only need a small amount otherwise it can dry your skin too much, but if used straight away on spots then I can usually catch it quick and prevent it from getting any worse!
And lastly before bed everynight I have been slapping this gem of a pot on my face! Yes Sudocrem the skin saviour!! I say only use it before bed as it leaves a slight white tinge on your face until it has all been absorbed in your skin, but this is amazing for your skin, it is antibacterial and is excellent for looking after your skin and reducing spots, redness and any other skin problem!
So I have put my good skin down to this regime! I really think that is has been doing my skin the world of good, so I intend to keep it up and hopefully perfect skin will be mine!!
Tuesday, 6 October 2009
Monday, 5 October 2009
It is actually a little birthday present to myself :) Its my birthday on monday 7th December, and every year I always book the day off work and spend lots of money shopping! So this year I thought I would take myself to the clothes show and indulge in all the beauty make overs, freebies and clothes galore!!
Unfortunately as its a monday all my friends and my mum are working so they cant come with me but i'm actually secretly relieved as I love to shop on my own (is that just me??), I can spend as long as I want deciding over which beauty products to get (believe me I can take a long time to decide which products I need to get....and then usually getting everything ha!) and I can go to whatever stall I want without feeling like I'm holding somebody up!
So the countdown is on for my birthday!!!
Is anybody else off to the clothes show??
Saturday, 3 October 2009
here is a little contest you all might like to enter girls by jo at 'all things beautiful'
I would love to try the nude delight personally hehe!!
check out her blog here......
Saturday, 26 September 2009
So I now feel compelled to share my shopping haul and the lovely beauty goodies I picked up :)
From Left to Right we have:
- 2True Liquid Eyeliner from Superdrug - had a quick play with this before, cant say it is anything to rave about, colour wasn't intense and I cant see it lasting all night but for £1.95 what can you expect??
- Maybelline Ambre Rose Colour Sensation LipStick - OMG my new favourite!! I have read the reviews from many bloggers and I can see why this has got such good reviews, the colour is a gorgeous coral pink, which is very warm and nourishing, quite similar to Barry M 147 lipcolour but not as drying, I LOVE this!!
- MAC Politely Pink LipStick - A gorgeous soft barely there pink which is perfect for daytime, very soft and warm and easy to wear
- GOSH Lip Jam in 107 - A new favourite lip gloss!! This is a light pink lip gloss which I have been wearing over MAC's politely pink for a more intense glossy look for the lipstick, I actually think this lip jam is a good dupe for a Lancome Juicy Tube I use to love!
- The Body Shop's Tantalising Lip Butter - Ever since I saw Lollipop26's review on this product I have been seraching every body shop but to no avail....until today...yay!! And I have to say I have only used it today but I quite like!! I can imagine wearing it over bright intense lipsticks to make the colour more wearable and not as 'harsh'.
I have done a swatch of the lipsticks (with flash), the top swatch is Ambre Rose 113, and below MAC Politely Pink,
I love this coat, I love the buttons and the design and can dress it up or down so definately a must need piece for winter and it is only from H&M! And I picked the jumper up from Oasis, I love chunky knits in winter and plan on wearing this with a long sleeve top underneath with skinny jeans a big leather belt and boots for a stylish warm winter look!
Anyone else been saturday shopping??
Tuesday, 22 September 2009
Sunday, 20 September 2009
If you want to tone your legs as well, then I really recommend running, this tones my legs up and is the ultimate cellulite buster!!
I hope this gives you all sexy legs.........
Monday, 14 September 2009
So here are a few products that I am currently hitting pan on=
From Left - Right we have=
MAC Well Dressed Blusher - Love this colour, gorgeous soft pink that looks very pretty on my cheeks
Sephora Eyeshadow in Strass 10 = a beige/goldy colour with few gold flecks in! I love to wear this all over the eyelid as a base when i'm going out to give a bit of glamour!
Benefit Thrrob Blusher = Again I think this is a perfect pink blusher that gives you that perfect rosy cheeked look
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer - LOVE LOVE LOVE this! This makes my oily skin matt, makes my make up last alllllllll day long and is an overall skin perfector!!
Benefit Hoola Bronzer - In my opinion THE perfect bronzer, not shimmery or glittery just a perfect post holiday tan in a box!
Benefit Erase Paste - I actually prefer the benefit boing concealer in 02 but this is almost as good, it covers any imperfections and I like the creamy consistency but I do think there are better concealers out there!
Which products do you regularly hit pan on??
Thursday, 3 September 2009
This is my 'beauty table' where I like to keep all my favourite and most used products all looking pretty and gorgeous!
I got the box of drawers from Ikea for 7.99, (they come flat packed but dad came to the rescue and put them together!) and painted them cream, and the black 'looking fabulous' box on top is an old shoe box which I store my 'misellaneous' make up items in!
I also have fairy lights dotted around the area for a little 'boudoir' feel!
I like to keep my perfumes on display too, vera wang, chanel, dior and benefit, and I keep my brushes in a little silver pot,
First set of drawers from left to right......eyelash draw, eye shadow draw (a small selection of my most used shadows!!), lipstick draw
Foundations, highlighters, concealers etc!
Friday, 28 August 2009
So today after visiting my lovely grandad in hospital :( I popped into Liverpool One shopping centre, I love the way they are doing up Liverpool City Centre, its a fab city I miss living there so much :(
So firstly I found this gorgeous red dress in Karen Millen, I love the rose detail and the netting underskirt....it was love at first sight!
I used Benefit Play sticks in Jump Rope, Benefit 10 and MAC well dressed blush on cheeks, MAC Tempting, and moonstruck eyeshadow and MAC blacktrack fluidline, and Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara
I also picked up this litte crop top from Topshop which I plan on wearing in Ibiza next week when I'm clubbing!!! I think it is perfect with a mini skirt, large aviators, statement earrings and dancing all night in the legendary clubs....can you tell i'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday I plan on partying (good times) in between working (bad times, esp when creamfields is right near the hospital where i work so got a busy ae shift to look forward to, I should be clubbing at creamfields too not fair!)
Tuesday, 25 August 2009
Here is me (on the left) and my friend at a house party on Saturday night, I loved this mascara so much I even started trying it on all my friends who I converted to vibrating mascara heaven :)
Have you tried this mascara yet or any of the other vibrating mascaras?? what do you think??
Monday, 24 August 2009
1. Thing you cannot leave the house without?
My handbag and phone! I love a big WAG style handbag that literally carries my life in it! Car keys, mobile, make up, magazines I carry everything in it!
2. Favourite brand of make up?
I think I own the entire collection of Benefit make up, I just love the packaging and always think the products and colours work well and look gorgeous, but of course I do love MAC too (who couldn't??), for cheaper drug store brands I really like GOSH and Rimmel for essentials.
3. Favourite Flower?
I love tulips and daffodils so pretty and colourful
4. Favourite clothing store?
I love French Connection for dresses and jeans and Topshop for everything! Primark is great for cheap buys, so even if I only wear it once (which I have a bad habit for doing!) then you can still experiment without breaking the bank!
5. Heels or flats?
Heels all the way!! I love the way that I feel so much more glamourous when I wear my heels, even when I'm dressed down in jeans and a tee some heels just glam me up a bit more! I have to wear boring flat comfy shoes all day for work as i'm on my feet all day rushing round, so I love to dress up and feel pretty out of work!
6. Did you make good grades?
Yes I did :) I was a little bookworm at school and got all A and B grades at GCSE, I then passed all my A-Levels and went to university to study Diagnostic Radiography (taking x-rays and scans in case you didnt know!) and managed to gain a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree in between all the partying and drinking uni life brings with it, oh how I miss being a student........
7. Favourite Colours?
Probably your typical girly colours all things pink!
8. Do you drink energy drinks?
Not really, when I was at uni we use to have a student night where it was 2 pound for a double vodka and red bull and i've had one too many hangovers from this stuff that I cant even smell red bull now without feeling a hangover coming on!
9. Favourite perfume?
My all time classic is Chanel Chance, I love the fact that it lasts and lasts and smells really expensive too! I also love Vera Wang Princess and Miss Dior.
10. Do you drink juice?
I love a large glass of fresh orange juice in the morning for a burst of vitamen c to start the day!
11. Do you like swimming?
I'm not the strongest swimmer and probably only go for a swim when i'm on holiday, but i'm a real gym bunny and prefer keeping fit by running!
12. Do you eat fries with a fork?
Depends on the location! In a fast food restaurant its got to be with your hands! But anywhere else it has to be posh and with a fork!
13. Favourite moisturiser?
At the moment I am using Garnier Pure Activ, but I am not very impressed with it, although it mattifies my skin I have had a breakout of spots since using it so am on the lookout for a new moisturiser
14. Do you want to get married later on in life?
Much later on in life I do! I would have the full works big party and even bigger dress! But I am enjoying myself too much at the moment partying with my friends concentrating on my career and planning my travelling trips to even think about settling down, far too boring!!
15. Do you get mad easily?
My mum says that I take after my dad, we both lose our temper very quickly and are very impatient! But i'm very quick to calm down sometimes I just need to let it all out!
16. Are you into Ghost Hunting?
A few months ago, me and my work colleagues went on a ghost hunting trip to a haunted castle where we spent the night with an expert, a few occurences happened which made us all scream and very scared but whether it was real or set up I do not know! But we had a laugh and it was ver good for team bonding, looking forward to the next trip!
17. Any phobias?
Typical spider phobia, the only thing men are good for is getting rid of them! God bless my dad for coming whenever i need him to get rid of the horrible things!! I am hoping to work and travel in Australia next year for a few months so I really need to get over this!!
18. Do you bite your nails?
Only when I am really stressed, I love my nails being in perfect condition with a nice manicure :)
19. Have you ever had a near death experience?
Not yet and hopefully not anytime soon!
20. Do you drink coffee?
Ugh no I cant stand coffee, I wish I did as I would love to sit in starbucks with all my mates having a cappoccino but its a nice cup of english tea for me for all the way!! I cant start my day without a cup of tea!!
Well I hope you all know me a little better know, I look forward to reading all your 20 questions blogs!
Tuesday, 18 August 2009
Monday, 10 August 2009
Just thought I would show you some of the clothes I am currently selling on ebay :)
I love ebay, I have sooooooooo many clothes it is ridiculous and I am bad for buying a dress wearing it once and then never wearing it again! So my philosophy is sell on ebay = more money to buy new clothes yay!!
So here is the latest lot of dresses and tops from French Connection (this season!), River Island, Topshop, New Look etc!
So take a look and bid if your interested in grabbing a bargin :) x
- Fat burner lipbalm from hq hair.com, am applying this religiously in the hope that it is suppressing my appetite!
- ELF eyeshadow C brush, so easy to create a smoky eye as this brush fits perfectly into the crease of your eye giving just the right amount of eyeshadow onto the crease to look good!
- MAC creme d'nude lipstick, loving nude lips with a golden tan and smoky eyes!
-Only 4 more weeks till I hit the massive clubs of the beautiful island that is Ibiza!
- Model CO Beauty Fix , like hairspray but for your make up! Just spritz on your face after applying make up and this seals it all day :) I''m impressed with it!
-The fact it is a monday morning and i'm working in a&e till 9pm :(
- Holiday tan is fading - need to hit Ibiza sooooooon!
- New Benefit perfumes, had a quick smell of each of the new fragrances but am not impressed B-Spot was the perfect summer fragrance, good job I got it before it got discontinued!
-ELF lip plump and primer, the lip plump has already got stuck in the lid and has broke off only used it once!
Hope you all had a good weekend x
Thursday, 6 August 2009
I hope you like! Any advice on MACS MSFS please comment!
Monday, 3 August 2009
Saturday, 1 August 2009
This is me outside Sephora I heart it :)
Thats it from my holiday for now, am currently loving my tan and the way I can get away without foundation yay, hope your all having a good weekend! xxx
Sunday, 19 July 2009
I have never blogged before but recently I have become slightly addicted to beauty blogs, and thought hey I can share my thoughts too!
I love reading fellow bloggers reviews and trying new products so stay tuned for reviews and what products I rate and what I dont!!